Skip to main content

Moments of Fun in Uttarakhand

Over the last few months, I have been sharing my experiences at different places in Uttarakhand. As a last post in this trip to Uttarakhand, I would like to share few moments of fun in Uttarakhand. 

We had great time right from the arrival at Dayanand Ashram, Rishikesh for an Iyengar Yoga workshop by our teacher Smt. Zarna Mohan. 

For me this was the moment of the trip. Madam busted out laughing when Jagruti cracked some joke.
You see everyone right from the start to the end is smiling and let me tell you this is not the regular 'say cheese' kind of smile.
Ganga river was flowing right behind the Ashram. Every student used to go for a dip almost every day. How can madam remain behind? She also joined Padmini, Krishnaveni and Usha for a dip.
Ladies having fun at Kunjapuri Temple in Tehri Garhwal.
Captured this beautiful image at Beatles Ashram, Rishikesh.
Virupaksha captured me and Tulsi at Beatles Ashram when I was pointing her at a troop of Langurs (grey monkeys with long tails).
 Tulsi having some fun with Virupaksha.
Viru and I had great time at Kempty falls in Mussoorie.
My first swimming lessons from Virupaksha.
Virupaksha selling chana at Gandhi Chowk in Mussoorie to buy his tickets back to Rishikesh. Kidding! He posed as the hawker when no one was there.
Tulsi having fun climbing the rock at Vasisht Ashram.
Now she is having fun with water.
Now she is having fun with me sprinkling water on my face. 
Now it's my turn to throw water on her face. We had a battle now.
 Unable to win, she started running now.
Virupaksha performing Nataraj Asana on a rock.
Viru in Ashtavakrasana. 
Oh! Virupaksha flexing his muscles to drag the boat. We had great time with this boat.
I guess the isolated boat was also happy to find us there having fun with it.

Viru had already been to this place couple of days before and wasn't seen really interested in the beginning. By the end of the day he did not believe that he spent a whole day there. It was that fun. 
There are two ways to enjoy the nature. One is by watching and feeling it and the other is by being part of the nature. We did the second one. 
We played with everything that was there. The boat, sand, rocks, water etc.
The newly married couple in the background made this image valuable. Doesn't it look like an art work?
What is she doing? 
Virupaksha tried his hands in photography and got some of these wonderful shots.



Tulsi and I walking across with a setting Sun and the lovely couple in the background. Good shot Viru! 
Left the boat and heading towards water now.
All these shots are courtesy Virupaksha Dani.


I shot this beautiful image.
All three of us loved the water splashing on face and each one of us gave a shot.
This is funny. Looks like Viru is spitting water from every part of his face.
Shot this continuously to capture the details of water.
See how clearly it captured the details of water.
Yet another great capture. Good shot from Tulsi.

This is yet another amazing shot.
Now we moved on to Sand. Tulsi displaying her sand art.

This was at Company Bagh, Mussoorie. Five of the seven that traveled to Char- dham, Mr. Varma, his wife Mani, Satyamani, Tulsi and me.
Here you go. Virupaksha as Pularangadu (the flower boy.)😍
You remember this friend of mine in my blog on Lakhamandal? He met Tulsi and Viru at the entrance.
Few kids joined the party now.
I love the smile of this little boy on the left. He is so cute.
Here you go. He finds me here. I describe in Lakhamandal blog how he loved me.
All three couples here. Kamesh finally caught in camera. My friend followed wherever I went and was really difficult to depart from him.
All three couples finally united at Janaki chatti very next morning after our return from Yamunotri. This is a rare feat I must say because though we were in a group, we enjoyed individually. 
This is Khedi falls in Uttarkashi on the way to Gangotri. You can see how forcibly the water is flowing. It's falling on the lens long way across on the road.
Kamesh, I and Virupaksha having fun at hot water springs in Gangnani on the way to Gangotri.
Here you go! Virupaksha in the Avatar of Shiva carrying Ganga over his head.
I dip my hands into the flowing Ganga 
And this is what it happened. Hands frozen completely and rubbing to relieve.
Tulsi waving her hand over a foot-over bridge across Mandakini river.
I explained how we spend the time here half way to Kedarnath in my blog on Kedarkhand.
Resting besides the river Mandakini was a breather after a tiresome trek to Kedarnath.
Virupaksha at Bheemshila behind Kedarnath Temple.
Tulsi and I besides Kedarnath temple with Kedarnath Peak in the background.
Tulsi having a breather on the way to Vasudhara falls in Mana Village.
Some time to relax.
Tulsi is now charged up to go.
Finally arrived at Vasudhara falls.
I always have some kind of love for mountains. Mountains attract me immensely. It started when I toured Nepal in 2003. 
Thereafter, I visited Lonavala in Maharashtra in 2011 and fell in love with Maharashtra. Regularly I began to visit different places in Maharashtra every time I go to Pune. But they are all green top mountains. I had some kind of special love for snow mountains.
During my visit to Pokhra in Nepal, mount Annapurna and Dhaulagiri attracted me a lot. These are the tallest snow mountains of the world after Everest. 
I could not go close to it because of my mother as she didn't let me go due to my heart condition. Somewhere in my heart there was this feeling of missing the snow expedition.
This trip to char-dham has fulfilled my suppressed desire to experience the feel of snow mountains.
I first encountered the thick, tall glaciers on the way to Kedarnath. We could not enjoy much because it was getting dark and we had to trek long way to Kedarnath.
We went to Vasudhara falls without the knowledge of glaciers.
It came as a pleasant surprise.
We all had great time there.
Went unprepared with our sandals. Slipped, slid and fell couple of times on the glaciers.
Virupaksha had terrible cold with his nostrils and sinuses blocked.
Yet he could not keep himself away from playing in the glaciers.
With a feeling of complete fulfillment at Vasudhara we ended our journey of Uttarakhand.
We spent some great moments at Vishnu Prayag and Dev Prayag.

Playing with the high speed tides of Bhagirathi river.
Virupaksha joins the party.

The memorable trip came to an end. We spent almost a month travelling different places in Uttarakhand. I would like to thank all my companions Mr. & Mrs. Varma, Mr. & Mrs. Kamesh and Virupaksha for making the trip memorable and all those who contributed in making this trip possible especially our teacher Smt. Zarna Mohan and Parmesh ji who were the pioneers of the trip, Suraj Singh Rana the Travel organizer and how can I forget our driver Anil bhai who drove us safely and securely. Special thanks to Raghavendra also for his contribution. Thank you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing views of Badrinath

From Joshimath we traveled to Badrinath the last destination of our trip to chota char-dham. Badrinath is at an average elevation of 3100 meters (10,170 feet) above the sea level in the Garhwal Himalayas on the banks of river Alaknanda.  Badrinath is famous for the temple of Badrinath dedicated to Lord Vishnu. 'Badri' refers to a berry that was said to grow abundantly in this area and 'Nath' means the Lord. The temple remains closed during winters and the utsav-murthy (festive idol) of Badrinath is kept at Joshimath for worship.  There are plenty of ashrams in Badrinath that provide accommodation for pilgrims.  We stationed at Chinna Jeeyar Ashram at Badrinath. This giant statue of Jeeyar welcomes you on reaching the Ashram. From our balcony we could see some of these beautiful mountains covered in snow.  The peak below is the famous Manikantha parvat in Badrinath.  It is one of the tallest peaks in the Garhwal Himalayan region with an e

A glance at Bellur, the birth place of Guruji

Bellur is a small village in Kolar district 55 kilometers from Bangalore in Karnataka, India with around 500 houses and an average population of 2000 people. It is in this village, the Legendary Yogacharya Sri. B.K.S. Iyengar was born on 14th of December 1918. Bellur was an 'Agrahara' during Guruji's time of birth. agra means front and hara means the garland. According to traditional Hindu practice of architecture and town planning, an 'agraharam' is held to be the two rows of houses (mainly of Brahmins) running North-South on either sides of the road resembling a garland, at one end of which would be a temple of 'Shiva' and at the other end would be a temple of 'Vishnu'. The two temples of Shiva at one end of the village and a temple of Rama (incarnation of Vishnu as per Hindu Mythology) are still present in the village of Bellur. Both these temples are quite old and are chosen as National heritage sites by Archaeological Survey of India. Both

Guruji's Vision on Bellur

As a part of my trip to Bellur, this is the second edition of my update on Bellur. In this I decided to share the vision of Guruji on Bellur and the developments that are taking place to fulfill his vision. Guruji had a vision on Bellur, his birth place. He saw the people of Bellur are suffering from Poverty, Illiteracy, Unemployment and ill-health. With a vision to help the people of Bellur he established a trust named after his parents "Bellur Krishnamachar and Seshamma Smaraka Nidhi Trust."  Under the Umbrella of this Trust, he established a High School, a College, a Hospital, a Yoga Hall etc imparting education, health and employment to the people of Bellur. Today I am going to guide you to the trip of Bellur through the lenses of my camera. These two idols of Saraswati, the Goddess of Knowledge and Lakshmi, the goddess of Wealth gives the first darshan on the walls of BKSSNT entrance. And rightly so, Guruji's Trust imparts the wealth of health throu